The Assistant Football Coach is responsible for providing administrative, instructional and coaching assistance to the Head Coach with the purpose of building a successful, competitive intercollegiate sports program that also retains and graduates student-athletes. This position will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holiday hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent);
- Minimum of three (3) years football coaching experience at the NCAA level or five (5) years successful coaching experience in a highly competitive environment including at a major high school, college, professional level or combination;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NCAA rules and a commitment to adhere to all rules and regulations of the University of Iowa, the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA (or conference and institutional equivalent);
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships;
- Proven success in recruiting national caliber student-athletes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as demonstrated through public speaking engagements, clinician experience, and/or use of effective and creative training/coaching techniques.
- Successful football coaching experience in a Division 1 collegiate football program;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the professionalism and intensity necessary to successfully contribute to a Division I athletics program.