The Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks is responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach. This position must adhere to all safety standards, ensure the well-being of student-athletes and support their academic success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in administering a highly competitive Division I Football Program.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Assist with instructing individuals or groups on sports rules, game strategies, and performance.
- Evaluates and recruit qualified student-athletes.
- Coordinates the offense passing game.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, the SWAC and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Work cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, always present the University positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and AAU coaches, media and general public.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four or more years of experience in coaching on the high school or intercollegiate level.
- Effective written/oral communication.
- Ability to work effectively with all collegiate personnel, students, alumni and community.
- Sound judgement and maturity.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations.