The University of Virginia’s College at Wise located in the beautiful mountains of southwestern Virginia is currently seeking applicants for an Assistant Football Coach.
- Explain and enforce rules and regulations to protect student athletes, and ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Study opposing teams to identify weaknesses and avenues for success.
- Collaborate on conceptualizing and developing practice and game day plans.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student athletes, in conjunction with the Strength and Conditioning unit, Sports Nutrition unit, and Sports Medicine unit.
- Initiate and maintain a strong partnership with the Academic Affairs unit to support the academic requirements of student athletes.
- Assist with coordinating and performing various administrative tasks and often serving as a liaison with particular operational units, such as the Equipment Room, Business Office, Compliance Office, and Facilities Office.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least four years of experience as a specific sports program coach at the collegiate level.
- Licensure: None.