The Assistant Football Coach, reporting to the Head Football Coach recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches NCAA Division I student-athletes, under the guidelines of Georgetown, the Patriot League and NCAA; carries out duties within the stated philosophy of Georgetown athletics and its educational mission; and follows all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations to insure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 to 3 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified - preferably at college or university – or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of football.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques.
- Ability to create a database for all prospects.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong organizational skills.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.