Responsible for coaching student athletes and assisting in the management and administration of the intercollegiate football program within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Alcorn State University, SWAC and the NCAA.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in training and instructing student-athletes.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of athletic recruiting.
- Strong recruiting, teaching, communication and coaching skills.
- Must travel and work not traditional hours.
- Must know NCAA, SWAC and instructional policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with year-round recruitment of high school and junior college players, including traveling to prospective games/events, phone calls, and letters to both coaches and players.
- Maintain knowledge of offensive and defensive coaching strategies.
- Assist with planning defensive game planning strategy.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach the defensive secondary at a high level.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with University, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations, including all aspects of compliance in operating a Division I Athletic program.
- Represent Alcorn State University and the Football program in a professional manner.
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information