- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience at the high school or college level.
- Knowledge of recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting student-athlete welfare and academic success.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate student-athletes.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of working effectively with student-athletes of diverse races and cultures.
- Evidence of complying fully with association and conference regulations.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Coach a position group and all areas associated with the players in that group.
- Assist in the development of the defensive game plans.
- Perform video editing tasks for practice, game and opponent video
- Review practice and game video with coaches and players.
- Grade player performance.
- Maintain accurate records of student athletes’ academic and athletic lives & monitors athlete’s social media sites.
- Assist in maintenance, purchasing and inventory of team’s equipment.
- Pass the NCAA DII rules exams & performs off campus recruiting.
- Assist the head coach in all internal requirements of the football program as assigned.