Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach (Defense). This is a full time, 10-month reporting position with benefits. Under the general direction of the Head Football Coach, this coach will assist with the responsibilities of the NCAA D-III football program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, NCAC, and Kenyon College policies and regulations.
- Coach a defensive position.
- Mentor student athletes and coaching staff.
- Provide opportunities for Assistant Coaches, Captains and players to become scholars of the game of football.
- Assist in the creation of the playbook and game plan.
- Responsible for the preparation, counseling and evaluation of personnel on and off the field.
- Recruit academically and athletically strong applicants for admission in the selective, highly competitive application pool at Kenyon College utilizing Front Rush software, including preparing promotional materials.
- Work in conjunction with athletic trainers to maintain student-athlete welfare. Stay up-to-date with sport and coaching best practices in order to provide opportunities for all involved in the program to become students of the game by sharing knowledge of the sport.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five or more years of college coaching with experience at the Division III level preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).