The Assistant Football Coach Defense (Special Teams Coordinator / LB’s Position) Coach assists the head coach in all facets of the program to develop an elite NAIA Football program that will be competitive and advance the team in the competition, academics, and in the community.
- Support the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of student-athletes through a robust system of care and support that produces quality student-athlete experiences.
- Support high standards for academic excellence, assisting in academic oversight.
- A competent pursuit of athletic excellence shown by competing for Frontier Conference titles and participating in NAIA postseason play by advancing to the national championships.
- Embrace the responsibility for equitable treatment and promotion of diversity, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Encourage department innovation for enhanced success, and cultivate a mindset for growth, professional development, work-life integration, and department financial vitality.
- Promote community engagement and student-athlete character development through respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Strictly adhere to the highest level of fiscal control and full compliance with all governing associations with transparency and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field.
- Four (4) years of prior college playing or coaching experience.
- Experience with team travel.
- Experience recruiting for a college football program.
- One (1) year of experience with defense.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NAIA and Frontier Conference rules.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
- Ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours during the workday.