Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the sport program in strict compliance with applicable NCAA and GLVC bylaws.
- Fully comply with all established College policies and procedures.
- Promote academic excellence and graduation by monitoring academic progress, study tables, academic meetings, and class attendance.
- Attend all practices and games under the direction of the Head Football Coach.
- Assist Defensive Coordinator with the organization and administration practice sessions and other related training activities.
- Assist with the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in coordination with the Head Football Coach and the Office of Admission.
- Comply with all administrative staff on reports and forms as requested.
- Participate in community engagement, community service, and fund-raising activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Progressive experience as a coach in the sport; with collegiate experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in area of study.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office and Hudl.
- Familiarity with appropriate athletic governing organization rules and regulations (NCAA, GLVC).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.