The Assistant Football Coach serves the Department of Athletics and Physical Education in the Division of Academic Affairs. The position reports to the Head Football Coach and supports the mission of the College in its focus on preparing students to become leaders of character and influence in an interdependent global community. This is a ten (10) month position with benefits that includes morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning practices, training sessions, team and individual conditioning, line-ups and competitive strategies.
- Assist in instruction and demonstration of techniques and skills.
- Assist in assessing effectiveness and results.
- Assist in adapting and refining strategies.
- Communicate with athletes and the team on a regular basis.
- Assist in identifying, attracting and selecting prospects.
- Promote Wooster through communicating with prospects and families.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- One to two years of related experience in the sport of football, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).