Wittenberg University is accepting applications for a full-time defensive assistant football coach. This individual will assist the head coach in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III Football program. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt-level position reporting to the Head Football Coach.
- Assist the head coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Provide service to the Institution as assigned by Director of Athletics & Recreation, reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities & Events.
- Conduct student-worker hiring, training, and supervision.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators. Proficiency in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media platforms, and recruiting software (i.e. FrontRush, SLATE).
- Travel is required as well as some evening, night, and weekend work.
- A valid driver's license is required; must meet required insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. If license is from out of state, successful candidate will need to obtain a valid Ohio driver's license within 30 days of hire date.