Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses players’ skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Supervises and assigns duties to assistant coaches, as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players during competition and practice, to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Minimum High School Diploma Required.
- Connecticut coaching certificate.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Training; Connecticut Coaching Module #15 certificate.
- Experience as a coach at high school or college level preferred; combination of head coach, assistant coach, player and/or education may be substituted.
- Three years’ high school coaching experience.
It is the policy of the Norwalk Board of Education to ensure equal educational opportunity for all students and to prohibit unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical and mental disability in the school district's educational program and activities; and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, gender; gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or physical and mental disability.