The position serves as Defensive Coordinator for a Division II Program; leads and coaching to the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), state, National, Southern Intercollegiate Athletics Conference (SIAC), and Institutional guidelines. Provides support to the Head Coach in all aspects of on-field coaching, player development, academic success, recruiting, film study, practice organization, position meetings, scouting opponents, and special teams.
- Responsible for assisting and developing Game Plans and Play Calling.
- Assist with developing practice schedule and developing defensive operations.
- Ability to implement strategy, planning and adjustments.
- Assist with recruiting prospective student-athletes in accordance with the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), Conference, and Savannah State University policies and procedures.
- Reviews and inputs film using HUDL, DVSport Technologies, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience as a Defensive Coordinator.
- Three (3) years coaching experience.
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws.