Widener University and the Department of Athletics are currently seeking an Assistant Football Coach, Defensive Coordinator. Reporting to the Head Football Coach, this position will provide support, leadership and direction of the defensive unit and the Widener Football Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with the Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator for practice planning presentation and coaching.
- Organize practice sessions, participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition and provide positive guidance to students off the field.
- Individual and group coaching, presentation and player evaluation related to position and game and practice planning.
- Communication with coaching staff related to academic monitoring of all assigned student-athletes within position group.
- Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and Widener University.
- Serve as a role model for student-athletes both on and off the field. Develop good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, faculty and alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in collegiate football coaching.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license with evidence of insurability.
- Appropriate certifications in CPR and First Aid