The position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with organizing and instructing the Football program at Orange Lutheran High School. The Defensive Coordinator assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student-athletes in-game strategies and techniques in preparation for competition and specializes in coordinating all defensive positions within the football program.
- Assist the Head Coach with instructing players on the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assess players' skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and keep the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Report student concerns to the Head Coach.
- Assist with determining game strategy.
- Assist the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Model good sportsmanship in behavior maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Exhibit the highest level of Christian integrity in his/her life reflects Christ-like morals, behavior, attitude, and leadership.
- Ability to articulate their Christian faith.
- An active member of a Christian church; the Missouri Synod preferred.
- Support the Mission and Statement of Faith or Orange Lutheran High School.