This position is a full-time 12-month full benefits position in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of a dynamic football program including, but not limited to activities involved in recruiting, practice sessions and competition events. Responsible for compliance with policies and procedures of the University, Great American Conference (GAC), NCAA and other regulatory agencies.
- Possess a commitment and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of NWOSU, the GAC, and the NCAA. A coach who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or correction action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination for significant or repeated violations.
- Facilitates the provision of all information necessary to determine prospective student-athlete eligibility.
- Annually declares and receives approval from the Director of Athletics and President for athletically related income.
- Educates student-athletes of NCAA regulations regarding reporting of employment earnings
- Supervises conduct of athletes on trips and at games.
- Thorough understanding of NCAA rules compliance.
- Experience playing and coaching in the sport s/he coaches.
- Must be certified in AED/CPR. Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Able to remain calm in situations where emotions are strained.
- Demonstrates effective public speaking skills.
- Work well with various news media organizations.
- Committed to both athletic and academic excellence.
- Master’s degree preferred.