This is a full-time, 12-month position that assists the Defensive Coordinator for a competitive NCAA Division II football program. The Gannon University Football Team competes at the NCAA Division II level and the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC).
- Coaches and directs all aspects of the defensive line.
- Develops effective practice plans and scouts opponents.
- Scouts and recruits qualified, competitive student-athletes while maintaining a commitment to their academic success.
- Coordinates and schedules strength training and conditioning for player development.
- Promotes healthy orientation of student-athletes.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athletes and NCAA compliance with the highest of ethical standards.
- Performs other duties related as assigned within the scope, responsibility and requirements of the job.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree required; a master’s degree is desirable.
- Experience: Applicants must have three years of college coaching experience along with collegiate-level recruiting experience. Applicants must possess effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
- Licenses and Certifications: A valid driver’s license with no restrictions is required.