Under the direction of the Head Football Coach, this position assumes the role as the Assistant Football Coach & Football Operations Coordinator with Equipment Manager responsibilities within the football program. Assists the Head Football Coach with all phases of a highly competitive intercollegiate football program. Serves as the position coach for Running Backs.
- Under an independent umbrella of specific ideals, this position is responsible for cultivating an offensive culture that follows the tenants of the overall football program (including but not limited to work ethic, passion, time management, team-first mentality, cultural diversity and camaraderie). Successfully communicate the independent set of offensive ideals in collaboration with the overall football program culture through the use of a written position manual, determining coaching points to teach players the successful fundamentals of the specific football position.
- Assist the Head Football Coach with the recruitment of perspective student-athletes; including the annual recruitment of at least 10 student-athletes who enroll and participate in the sport of football at the University.
- Assist in the supervision and the professional development of the football program’s graduate assistants.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven recruiting skills and must have a commitment to academic success and student-athlete well being.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a strong preference given to those with a Master’s degree.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of coaching experience preferably at the division III level.
- First Aid and CPR Certifications-Certifications must be current.
- 1 year of equipment manager experience.
- 1 year of team coordinator/operations experience
- Ability to coach football while motivating and mentoring student-athletes.