The Assistant Coach of football assists in all aspects of the intercollegiate football team including coaching the linebacker position group, coordination of video, recruiting, scheduling, program administration and budgeting. Additional responsibilities may include performing administrative duties as assigned at the discretion of the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree (Physical Education or related field) preferred OR a minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the post secondary level and/or professional competitive experience.
- Knowledge of football skills and strategy and the ability to effectively teach them.
- Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with student-athletes.
- Willingness and ability to actively recruit qualified candidates to Bowdoin.
- Commitment to being a positive member of the Athletics Department, the College community and the ability to influence athletes to do the same.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and NESCAC rules and an understanding of the philosophy behind them.
- Administrative skills such as prioritization, organization, and budgeting are needed.
- The coach must be self directed and motivated and be able to work independently and work under pressure.
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses.