To help each participant student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains accurate statistics, records and results of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in this sport and is consistent in establishing criteria for eligibility in competition.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work inside or outside, depending on the sporting event. Occasionally the employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with the public and other staff. The employee has direct responsibility for the safety, well-being and work output of others. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Hogan Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of the District programs are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in compliance with the employment procedures.