The Assistant Football Coach – Offense is a teacher, promoter, and facilitator of college athletics and the development of student-athletes in the context of a competitive Division II sport at a regional university and in compliance with all NCAA, MEC Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively assist and lead assigned aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program, with particular emphasis on student-athlete learning and development, sportsmanship, and compliance.
- Serve as a teacher, instructing student-athletes in how to perform their sport including proper techniques and fundamentals.
- Support programmatic and university goals for student-athlete development including monitoring student-athlete academic performance.
- Effectively assist in developing and implementing summer clinics and camps to teach fundamentals and advance techniques of the sport.
- Effectively assist with recruiting student-athletes who have the potential to be successful in both academics and athletics.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, lead, and motivate quality student athletes.
- Excellent communication, management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, as well as the demonstrated ability to adhere to such regulations.
- Basic computer skills.