The Assistant Football Coach/Offensive Coordinator is responsible for promoting William Woods Athletics through the academic, on-field and off-field development of the football program and specific position group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to communicate effectively the understanding of the sport.
- Be able to properly demonstrate the understanding of the sport.
- Assist the Head Football Coach in supervising all practices and workouts.
- Be able to maintain an appropriate, consistent and fair level of discipline.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the values of the university.
- Actively promote the university.
- Recruit quality student-athletes.
- Monitor academic progress.
- Coordinate and provide administration for some home events.
- Report statistical information and game results to the WWU Sports Information Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.
- Ability to install a competitive, collegiate offensive style and playbook in conjunction with Head Football Coach.