This is a part time position. The assistant coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist in the implementation of the sport training and instructional program under the direction of the head coach by providing sport skill instruction, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions, performing game-related duties, and motivating players to give their best efforts.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes effectively as assigned by and under the direction of the head coach.
- Serve as a liaison with academic support personnel in support of players' academic efforts.
- Serve as a liaison with athletic training and strength and conditioning staff in support of conditioning and rehabilitation of players.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the personal and academic development, as well as athletic progress, of student-athletes.
- Exhibit good writing and speaking abilities.
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuit of sport program goals set by the head coach.
- Efficiently and effectively complete all assignments provided by the head coach.
- Accept constructive criticism and demonstrate professional growth under the supervision of the head coach.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- A Master's degree and/or coaching certification is preferred.
- Playing experience at the collegiate level and 3-5 years of experience as an assistant coach or head coach is preferred.
- A valid US driver's license is required.