James Madison University, a Division 1 member of the NCAA and Sun Belt Conference, is accepting applications for an Assistant Football Equipment Manager/Golf and Tennis. The Assistant Football Equipment Manager/Golf and Tennis reports to the Head Equipment Manager for Football and is primarily responsible for purchase, storage, laundering, inventory and distribution of apparel and equipment to student-athletes and coaches for Football, Golf and Tennis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of cleaning and collection of athletic apparel and equipment for the teams assigned to this position.
- Ensure the distribution of practice and game apparel and that equipment is cleaned and returned to appropriate coaches and student-athletes with attention to adequate stain removal and uniform and equipment repair.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory systems, store inventory properly, and dispose of outdated inventory according to compliance standards.
- Follow unusable apparel procedures for surplus and discard. Work with the coaching staff to encourage disposal of outdated inventory.
- Assist with purchasing, receiving and shipping, laundry services, equipment room storage and inventory, issuance, repair, and maintenance of equipment apparel and machinery. Notify coaches in a timely manner of all issues pertaining to these areas.
- Oversee uniform and equipment distribution and retrieval at practices and on game day for assigned sports.
- Basic knowledge of laundry procedures and stain removal.
- Basic knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of athletic equipment room operations and records maintenance.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Organized, detailed, a self-starter, and able to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.