The Assistant Football/Quarterbacks Coach reports to the Head Football Coach under the direction of the Director of Athletics. The Assistant Football/Quarterbacks Coach is responsible for helping to conduct the Saint John’s Football program with integrity and under the rules and mission of Saint John’s University, the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and NCAA Division III.
- Assist in the design and organization of constructive and beneficial training sessions, attending all practices.
- Assist in the development of the offensive game plans for opponents. Assist in considering MIAC and NCAA regulations.
- Provide a great and inclusive co-curricular experience for our student athletes that reflects positively on St. John’s University.
- Assist as mentor to student coaches and other assistant coaches.
- Support and mentor student athletes.
- Assist in preparation of team for competition with the goal of competing at the top of the MIAC.
- Follow all SJU, MIAC, and NCAA rules and guidelines to include successful completion of the NCAA Division III rules test.
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Proven college football quarterback coaching and/or playing experience.
- Ability to recruit football players.
- Computer literacy and proven expertise with current technology.
- An understanding and appreciation for the character and success of the Saint John’s University Athletic Department and its programs.
- Understanding of NCAA Division III athletics and the importance of athletics to the educational process and to Saint John’s University.
- Ability to interact professionally and personally with all constituent groups: students, department members, monastic community, faculty, administration, parents, alumni, media, counterparts from other colleges and universities, MIAC and NCAA officials.