The primary responsibility will be assisting the Director of Football Sports Science on all football sports science initiatives. This position reports directly to the Director of Football Sports Science.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the processes associated with the use of technology, including GPS distribution, live analysis of GPS data during training, and post-training download/analysis.
- Assist in the collection of various data inputs including force plates, VBT units, and Dynaspeed.
- Assist in necessary tasks for the preparation of training and team lifts.
- Assisting to maintain the organization and cleanliness of sports science equipment and infrastructure.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience or degree in a field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, data science, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, or kinesiology.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a data-driven way.
- Proficient and competent in sports analytics and/or biomechanics.
- Proficient in at least one programming language.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.