The job of Assistant Coach is done for the purpose/s of designing and implementing program activities in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport; providing supervision of student athletes during all aspects of their participation in program; using sound instructional techniques in overseeing program; serving as a positive role model to student athletes to the community, and to various organizations. Individuals in this job classification are assigned to a position for a specific sport at the Varsity, JV/Frosh or Junior High level.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information related to their role.
- Communicates with parents, students, officials, administrators and community for the purpose of providing information, assistance and/or direction.
- Instructs student athletes for the purpose of promoting individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Maintains a variety of records (e.g. game/student athlete statistics, insurance, signed permission forms, emergency information, schedules, equipment inventories, etc.) for the purpose of complying with district, athletic conference, and state requirements.
- Manages uniforms, equipment and school facilities for the purpose of maintaining items in a responsible and safe manner.
- Monitors student athletes' academic eligibility for the purpose of both complying with AIA requirements as well as providing appropriate intervention (e.g. counseling, tutoring, etc.) to students identified as needing assistance to maintain their athletic eligibility.
Paradise Valley Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.