St. Anthony Catholic High School, a private, college preparatory High school for young men and women, is seeking an Assistant Girls’ Basketball Coach. This is a seasonal part-time position. Position is expected to coach sport within the mission of St. Anthony Catholic High School and our Core Values of Honesty & Integrity; Community; Service & Social Justice; Scholarship; and Holistic Education.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport;
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach;
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of athletes;
- Assists with determining game strategy;
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition;
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury;
- Models good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators;
- Participates in special activities to include senior night, athletic banquet, booster club meetings, and pep rallies.
- Possess effective coaching techniques and skills;
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students;
- Ability to communicate effectively to players, parents, and faculty;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.