- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of athletes.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Participates in special activities to include senior night, athletic banquet, booster club meetings, and pep rallies.
- Possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively to players, parents, and faculty.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).