Position is responsible for assisting the head JV girls basketball coach with organizing the Basketball program at the assigned school. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the Head JV Basketball coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head JV basketball coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head Basketball coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head JV Basketball coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead.