The position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with organizing and instructing the Girls' Beach Volleyball program at the School. The position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student-athletes in-game strategies and techniques in preparation for competition.
- Assist the Head Coach with instructing players on the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assess player's skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keep the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Report student concerns to the Head Coach.
- Assist with determining game strategy.
- Assist the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Model good sportsmanship in behavior maintains appropriate conduct toward players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintain the equipment room in an orderly condition and assume responsibility for its security.
- Experience as an assistant coach or varsity player at the high school or college level preferred, or any satisfactory combination of education, experience, and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties listed.
- Cleared Background/Fingerprint check.
- Valid CPR.
- Cleared TB assessment.
- Completion of Ministry Safe Training.
- Valid CA Driver's License.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Certificate.