Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Division Head and the Head Girls Beach Volleyball Coach, the Assistant Girls Beach Volleyball Coach provides leadership and direction to help mold the beach volleyball program while adhering to Milken Community School rules and regulations.
- Assists the Head Girls Beach Volleyball coach with instructing athletes in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head Girls Beach Volleyball coach.
- Assesses player’s skills and monitors players during competition and practice.
- Assists the head Beach Volleyball coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment room (if used) in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Assists the Head Beach Volleyball coach with submitting a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, and award nights.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of volleyball coaching experience.
- Experience with student programs in a high school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the specified sports program.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.