Under the Direction of the High School Varsity Head Coach, the assistant coach will support the head coach to deliver quality coaching by motivating the ability of the athletes. The Assistant Coach will guide and instruct the sports team to deliver quality coaching to all the athletes. His/her duties will include providing students with new developments and strategies to plan effective training procedures.
- Keep abreast of rules and strategies in the favor of the players and the team.
- Will assist the coach in making new registrations, compile eligibility reports, and keep statistics of the performance of the players.
- Will supervise over the players to come up in their weak areas and reinforce them to play in the spirit of the game.
- Maintain discipline among the players to abide by the timings for running drills and help, them to perfect their skills in the face of offense and defense game positions.
- Will work in coordination of the other facilitators such as the Athletic Trainer to help the players to deliver their best.
- Will support and watch over the club development activities and issue the equipment required by the players.
- Motivate the players to play and build their confidence to face the loss and keep them grounded with a winning performance.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of coaching a sport is highly recommended.
- Experience working with teens.
- Experience working with diverse groups and ethnicities.