LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Head Coaches must hold a current certificate in AED/CPR upon hire.
- Assistant coaches must hold a current certificate in First Aid/CPR or a willingness to obtain.
- All coaches must be a CDE licensed teacher or hold a valid Coaches registration with CHSAA upon hire.
- All Coaches in Colorado must hold a current concussion certification from the NFHS or Children’s Hospital Colorado upon hire.
- All Coaches must pass the CHSAA annual Coaches Exam.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to supervise students, enforce district, school, league and CHSAA rules and regulations.
- Possess knowledge and skills in the specific sport.
- Ability to plan, organize and successfully direct specific sport.
- Ability to perform, as well as teach, advanced techniques in specific sport.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent Policies and building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.