Essential Functions and Duties:
1. Assists in the direction and coordination of interscholastic athletics in their school.
2. Works in conjunction with Head Coach in determining athlete
participation during practices and games, including playing time at the respective levels.
3. Positively promotes the athletic program within the schools and community.
4. Operates within the policies of the conference and the SDHSAA.
5. Maintains a staff relationship with other coaches.
6. Assists with fund-raising activities as needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Hand-eye/mind-eye coordination, physical dexterity, the ability to bend, stoop, walk, talk, and sit. The ability to travel between locations.
Fundamentals of Coaching or equivalent (must be completed one
time); Sports First Aid or Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries or equivalent (must be renewed once every two years); Concussion in Sports – What You Need to Know (must be renewed on an annual basis. High school/college participation preferred. Teaching assignment in building preferred.