- Assist the head coach with practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport.
- Help supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Attend and monitor practices and games.
- Assist with communicating to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Follow all CHSAA and Poudre School District guidelines.
- Assist with inventory and security of equipment and supplies.
- Assist with equipment maintenance, locker-room supervision, and extra practices.
- Communicate discipline procedures and problems, safety concerns and all student injuries requiring emergency medical services to school Head Coach and Athletic Director.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Valid Teaching License or Special Services License issued by Colorado Department of Education.
- Valid CHSSA Coach Certification.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required before coaching assignment begins.