- To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach.
- To instruct athletes in fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries out all responsibilities as designated by the head coach.
- Provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant (by his/her presents at all practices, games and while traveling).
- Assists the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the head coach.
- Maintains a record of team statistics.
- Works within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach of that sport.
- Attends all staff meetings and carries out scouting assignments as outlined by the head coach.
- Arrives early enough before practices, contests, and meetings to adequately prepare and remains long enough to help players with problems or to become involved in staff discussions.
- Has a thorough knowledge of policies of the Annandale High School Activities Department and is responsible for implementation of those policies.
- Has knowledge of the existing system, state and League regulations and implements the same consistently.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Generates an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the MSHSL Code of Ethics.