Responsibilities & Duties:
- To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach and Activities Administrator.
- Help coordinate the organization and implementation of the athletic program.
- Provide coaching and instruction to high school players in a competitive program.
- Work collaboratively with the Head Coach and Activities Administrator to implement a coaching philosophy that is supportive of student/athletes' development.
- Assist the Head Coach to organize and implement practice plans, periodically attending practices at all age groups and levels.
- Must have strong interest and commitment to student athlete development, with an emphasis on the student as a person.
- Assist the Head Coach in the selection of players at the high school levels.
- Design and implement practice plans and game strategies.
- Must have strong experience in playing/coaching/evaluating.
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be a positive role model with a strong work ethic and a passion for the sport.
- Coaches will need to complete the on-line MSHSL Continuing Education Requirement.