Instructs athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student(s) shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provide program expectations, procedures and policies to parents and participants.
- Evaluate players.
- Have knowledge of athletic policies approved by the Eagle County Schools and CHASSA and are responsible for implementation within the team.
- Have knowledge and be able to implement CHSAA, national, and league regulations.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled practices/sporting events or and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Assist in providing documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examination, parental consent, and eligibility, and proof of insurance.
- Report in writing, ineligibility status for players the first working day following an event to the athletic director, league schools and CHSAA headquarters.
- Monitor student athlete’s grades and conduct in regards to eligibility.
- Meets CHSAA certification requirements.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must. continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.