Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee training of student-athletes in all events in conjunction with the other coaches.
- Develop training plans for student-athletes in specific events (as assigned by Head Coach) along with other coaches.
- Assist in overseeing the running of specific events as needed at home games as directed by Head Coach and Athletic Director.
- Contribute to game planning with other coaches.
- Attend and coach at all practices.
- Attend and coach at all games.
- Assist other coaches in monitoring team members' school attendance, practice attendance, meet attendance, and grades
- Assist other coaches in enforcing team policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hockey skills, skill development, and strategies.
- If no teaching license, successful completion of an approved coach's education course (ASEP or NFHS) or the ability to complete the course prior to the second season of coaching.
- Current certification (or must obtain within one month of employment) and maintenance of CPR/AED and First Aid certification from a national certifying organization.
- Ability to initiate and maintain open communication with staff, student-athletes, parents.
- Competitive experience in Hockey at the high school level.
- Previous coaching experience in Hockey at the high school level.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other coaches in the program.
- Knowledge of WIAA eligibility standards and willingness to reinforce good sportsmanship and compliance with the athletic codes for members of the Hockey team.
The School District of Beloit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.