Position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with organizing and instructing the Girls Lacrosse program at the School. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques in preparation for competition.
- Assists the Head Coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Reports student concerns to the head coach.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athletes injury.
- Models good sportsmanship in behavior maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Excellent instructional skills; identifies the educational and training needs of students and coaches, training, mentoring, and helping them to improve knowledge or skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; uses appropriate training methods to accurately monitor/assess performance.
- Effective interpersonal skills; motivates, coaches, develops and directs others, establishes effective working relationships with head coach, students, parents, and administrators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; conveys information effectively; actively listens, giving full attention to what others are saying; writes so that others will understand; maintains timely and appropriate communication with head coach, students, parents, and administrators.