The primary purpose of this position is to perform coaching duties to assigned team members and assist the Head Girls Lacrosse Coach as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the direction and supervision of organized practices sessions during the regulated season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, and support programs.
- Assists the Head Coach and Athletic Director in maintaining the care for athletic facilities and aid in preparation of the facilities for athletic competition.
- Assists Head Coach and Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assists Head Coach and Athletic Director in game scheduling when needed, especially at the JV level.
- Assist in the responsibility to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
- Works to improve skills and knowledge of each athlete and the team as a whole.
- Assist in the organization of team members according to competitive levels.
- Enforces appropriate team rules and team discipline.
- Follows guidelines and principles of sportsmanship.
- Previous youth program or school sport coaching experience.
- Subject knowledge of Lacrosse.
- Ability to motivate student athletes in a positive manner.
- Ability to teach skills, fundamentals and game strategy.
- Ability to collaborate with youth programs, students, parents, the community, staff, and other HRVHS coaches.
- Ability to coach in collaboration with the Head Girls Lacrosse Coach.
- Willingness to coach after school, travel, and supervise students.
- Meet attendance requirements for the position.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certification.