- Candidates should possess the following: knowledge of VHSL rules and regulations; ability to develop and train AA student-athletes; personal skills that reflect positive relations with high school student-athletes, parents and the community; extensive knowledge of the principles of individual and team fundamentals of the listed sports; ability to organize and prepare practice schedules; ability to develop a solid discipline that emphasizes team work and good sportsmanship.
- Previous coaching experience is required.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who hold or are eligible for a Virginia teaching license.
- Pursuant to state law, individuals applying for employment with the Albemarle County Public Schools for any position shall be required to disclose prior convictions of law other than minor traffic violations or juvenile offenses.
- Information provided by applicants may be verified by work history, personal reference or criminal record inquiries to determine the applicant's acceptability for employment.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
Duties are typically to be performed in school settings including gym and recreational areas. Frequent walking, standing, light lifting and other physical activities will be required. The position will require daily personal and close contact with student-athletes to provide instruction. The position will also require regular travel with student-athletes to and from matches. Regular contact with other coaches, administrators, parents and the media.