- Possesses valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate, preferred.
- Possesses prior coaching experience.
- Possesses prior experience as a player in applicable sport.
- Assures compliance with Employment Eligibility, Criminal History Record, and Physical Examination/TB Test Standard.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the rules and skills of the specific sport and ability to demonstrate skills.
- Possesses knowledge of the psychology of coaching, preferred.
- Possesses proficiency in the English language, with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Possesses ability to maintain a professional working relationship based on honest and open communication with student/athletes, coaches, parents, all school personnel, booster groups, officials, and the media.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Presents self to act as a positive role model.
- Serves as a teacher of the fundamentals and finer points of the sport; develops strategy for contests; develops the individual and collective skills of the team; reflects the philosophy of the school and the athletic program.
- Serves as a role model for athletes in areas of demeanor, language and conduct during contests, practices, and at all school related functions.
- Adheres to the policies of the PIAA, District 11, the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference, and the Northampton Area School Board.
- Ensures all athletes have completed physical forms before they take the field.
- Monitors the enforcement of all school policies that pertain to athletics, including, but not limited to academic eligibility, PIAA eligibility, and school disciplinary matters.
Northampton Area School District is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.