Tipton Community Schools is seeking candidates to fill the position of Assistant HS Girls Soccer Coach for the 2023-24 school year. A successful history of coaching experience is preferred but not necessary.
Ideal candidates must be able to:
- Assist the head coach in planning, organizing and directing the soccer program.
- Develop individuals and the team to their highest potential, starting with the fundamentals and progressing to strategy and competitiveness.
- Promote an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Teach the fundamentals of soccer in a manner that provides opportunities for all students to learn and improve.
- Build positive relationships with players, other coaches, parents and the community.
- Set high standards for sportsmanship, effort, and behavior on and off the field.
- Provide supervision of students at all times at practices, games, and on school transportation.
- Model good sportsmanship and appropriate behavior
- Demonstrate organization and professionalism in fulfilling the responsibilities of the job.
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. A bona fide religious institution may choose to exercise the allowances in Iowa Code section 216.6.(6)d. Employers may have additional developed specific equal employment opportunity policies and procedures; please check with employers.