The Moses Lake School District is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Middle School Assistant Girls' Softball Coach. Moses Lake Middle Schools participate in the North Central Washington Middle School League (NCW). The Moses Lake School District is committed to teaching and developing useful, life-long skills in its student athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively carry out the duties of the position and comply with the policies and procedures set forth by the Middle School Principal, Athletic Director, and the Moses Lake School District.
- Exhibited knowledge of the sport, demonstrated technical skills, and successful experience teaching these skills to secondary school student-athletes.
- Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certification or ability to obtain prior to start of season.
- Ability to meet WIAA age requirements applicable to the position.
- Exhibited organizational skills and abilities to ensure a well-managed program.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Work within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern trends, techniques, strategies, playing rules and procedures.
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Organize, supervise, and evaluate practice sessions.
- Implement a safety plan that includes teaching of the proper techniques and fundamentals.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Have an emergency medical plan in place.
- Inform parents of individual players regarding attendance, discipline, and injury.
- Relate to staff members in a professional and effective manner.
- Demonstrate appropriate sportsmanship with athletes, peers, and the public (particularly at sporting events).