The assistant position is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and instruction to student athletes within the program. The assistant coach reports to, and works closely with, the head coach along with other assistant coaches to determine goals and direction of the program.
- Prior playing and coaching experience at the collegiate and/or high school level
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior
- Positive, high energy, and committed
- Partners well with parents, staff, community leaders etc.
- Defines success not just as winning, but as helping teams and it members reach defined goals.
- Coordinate the training, instruction, and conditioning of athletes with head and assistant coaches.
- Integrates and incorporates life’s lessons into the delivery of their teaching and coaching
- Communicates with the head coach regarding team questions and concerns.
- Member of the MSHCA.
- Develops and organizes effective practices for athletes that teach skills needed to compete in our conference.
- Demonstrates and generates, among your staff and players, an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the "Coach’s * Code of Ethics" and our sportsmanship guidelines.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.