- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Kennedy High School
- Date Available:
Aug 2020 - Nov 2020
- Closing Date:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has knowledge of and background in the assigned sport.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, parents, community members, and students.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching an athletic team.
- Understanding of and agreement with the Bloomington Public School District’s Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
- Plan, accompany, and supervise the team to and from all events including practices and competitions.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establish activity penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and Bloomington Public Schools as they pertain to the respective sport.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Work as the assistant swim coach; qualified candidates are preferred to have prior coaching experience as a swim coach or as a competitive swimmer.
2. Must be able to relate to student-athletes in a positive manner and be a good role model that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride in accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and confidence.