This is a responsible position that requires working with the Head Coach in the implementation of the track and field program. The work is under the direction of the Head Coach and involves assisting the Head Coach with general overall responsibility for the total track and field program.
- Valid Illinois State Teaching, Substitute, and/or ASEP Certification.
- Knowledge of the sport.
- Previous coaching experience at the high school level.
- Demonstrated ability in the teaching and coaching of a soccer program in a multicultural high school and/or unit district.
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate with students and Head Coach.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Motivates student athletes by example.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and supervising a track and field program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game.
- Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.
- Adheres to the standards of conduct and safety for all student athletes