Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach and coach young people in the fundamentals and techniques of track and field.
- Must demonstrate the appropriate competitive drive to develop and maintain a strong track and field program.
- Must demonstrate desire to constantly improve the program and overall sports program at North High School.
- Must demonstrate ability to motivate student-athletes to be the best they can be on the track and in the classroom.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate with all stakeholders including but not limited to administration, staff, students and booster club.
- Support the strength and conditioning coordinator to ensure proper conditioning and weight training for our student athletes.
- Must provide adequate supervision before, during and after practices/games.
- Must possess a valid Iowa coaching endorsement.
- Successful basketball coaching experience is preferred.
- Must be available for evenings completion and submission of NFHS Online Concussion Course.
- Successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students and their families to ensure that each child reaches his/her full potential.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Able to demonstrate basketball positions and techniques to the players.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 50lbs.